The annual Nu Pentaton Golf Outing is four weeks away (July 9th) and for the information of those who are not on Facebook (or who don’t see Adam Stevens’ postings about it on Facebook), here is the info.
First, you don’t have to golf to show up. Indeed, I’m showing up this year, and the only golf club I’ve ever held in my life is for mini-golf (and I wasn’t particularly good at that!). If you DO want to golf, the format is four-man scramble, shot gun start, starting at 9 a.m. at the Clarion Oaks Golf Club, 694 Mayfield Road, Clarion (on Route 68, more-or-less across from the Walmart). Golfers are asked to show up by 8:30 a.m. Non-Phi Sig brothers may play, but each four-man team must have at least two brothers on it.
The golfing usually goes to around 2 p.m., with the meal to follow at the golf club. The beer goes on tap when the golfing starts, but non-golfers who don’t want to get started that early should probably show up by 1 p.m. just in case the game finishes early.
The cost is $70 for golfers or $25 for non-golfers to cover the cost of the food and beverages. Kevin Sebunia (a non-golfer) is again head chef, with steak being the main item on the menu. If you want to stay over, you can stay at “Camp Wally” (the Bradley hunting camp) on either Friday and/or Saturday, but please let Adam know that ASAP so they can plan that part of the event.
At least one team is still looking for a brother to join them if you would like to join in, or additional team(s) can be added if several additional brothers want to golf and put a group together.
Payment can be made in advance if you want, in which case you may send it to Adam Stevens, 613 Broadmore Lane, Wexford, PA15090. Any questions can be directed to Adam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The current teams, as well as the non-golfers expected are listed below—to tempt you to show up and see brothers you haven’t seen in years. I’ll also attach the group picture from the Facebook page and let you guess who you can guess.
David A. Schell
1. Adam Stevens, Dave Hernon, Dennis Flaherty, Gregg Bachner
2. Jeff Wensel, Mike Bradshaw, Dave Fetzner, Mike Emerson
3. Dave Zimmer, Mike Chessario, John Schulze, Sid Snow
4. Dan Bradley, Brian Blaha, Glenn Fischer, Bill Kozakiewicz
5. Scott Delval, Mike Donahue, Jeremy Peffer, Robert Drost
6. Eric Krull, Scott Manbeck, Bryan Marlett, John Oleksak
7. Mike Bordonaro, Tony Reeves, Marty Minnocci, Smooter
8. Jason Ziemienski, Mike O'Neill, + 2
9. John Yingling, Jesse Rudolf, John Dellich, Dennis Capizzi
10. Jared Chase, Chris Fielder, Rich Cardimen, + 1
Non golfers: Don Carter, Kevin Sebunia, David A, Peter Korones, Keith Gephardt, Derek Nolan